Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Training voice rec - Ex MT

Posted: Oct 2nd, 2018 - 9:33 pm In Reply to: We trained voice rec - sm

I definitely believe MTs train voice rec in a major way. When the hospital I worked at began using VR, the first drafts that came out were horrendous and as we edited these drafts, they slowly began to improve. There may be some kind of update procedure that has to be done for the corrections to get in the "brain" of the program because our supervisors would mention an update was coming soon when we complained about having to continually correct the same words over and over. I also think the system learns incorrect words from MTs putting them in incorrectly because I could search reports for those incorrect words and almost always find them in a report. What was frustrating was that the majority of the reports would have the word typed correctly but the system would learn from the 1 or 2 incorrect reports which was really odd. I also could see strange marks on my screen occasionally when editing which was the program analyzing changes I'd made in the text. So, it's my opinion we most definitely had a huge role in training voice rec to take our jobs. I think most of us knew this was coming for many years, but it didn't make it any less of a shock when the layoffs/outsourcing came to pass.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)