Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: OVER.. (Views: 42)

Programmable keys - SM

Posted: Sep 23rd, 2018 - 1:54 pm In Reply to: Keyboard recs?? anyone try gaming (mechanical) ones? - Pugsy

I bought a 40-bucker Corsair at Walmart. It's not a clicky mechanical keyboard, but it does have the pretty lights which I find to be more of a distraction than anything.

However, it does have a row of 6 programmable keys on the left side of the keyboard where you can program macros on the fly. I find this VERY helpful for editing. I have one account with complicated heading instructions and the programmable key macro makes this a lot easier. The macros don't hold much text but are good for format editing. You can also easily overwrite the macros if they're not to your liking. You don't have to install any software to get the programmable keys to work, just plug and play, and I've used it on multiple platforms.

I had an expensive mechanical keyboard but after a while it started repeating keys on me and I also found the clicking interfered with hearing the dictation sometimes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)