Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Keyboard - dailygrind

Posted: Sep 24th, 2018 - 3:52 pm In Reply to: Mechanical Keyboard - Binca

I have a mechanical Eagle 77 that I bought from Amazon. I only paid 33 bucks for it. It is white and backlit and has blue switches. Since I don't need the number pad I got the 10 keyless design. There is no number pad but is the exact same layout as a regular keyboard. I like that design because you can bring the mouse in closer and it is less wrist stress to be reaching for it.

The keyboard has been going strong for 2 years and has a beautiful tactile touch. It is crisp typing. I also have a Cooler Master which is the original blue switches but the keycaps were wearing out to the point where I could no longer see them. Beautiful silky touch though. I understand they are now making a backlit keyboard which fixes that problem but it is pricey.

The nice thing with a backlit mechanical keyboard is the keycaps don't wear out and you can clean them. I take the key caps off and soak them in hot soapy water, take a Q-tip and clean around the keyboard itself and around the switches. Then I take an older keyboard to so I have a guide to put keys back where they belong and voila (!) I have what looks like a brand new keyboard.

I would say the disadvantage of mechanical keyboards are they are loud. The audible sound coordinates with the tactile touch.

I had terrible problems with my fingers and wrists hurting and when I went to a mechanical keyboard everything got a lot better. No need to pound on the keys because they are so responsive and no mushiness.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)