Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

errors - MLS

Posted: Sep 19th, 2018 - 12:45 am In Reply to: Pretty scary stuff for those of us that see - what is in Dragon created

If there are so many errors in reports now, which I do believe, then what are nurses looking at when they administer meds? Are they looking at an ACCURATE list of meds and dosages in the EMR? The reason I ask is when I first started at a hospital 10 years ago doing VR transcription, my supervisor told me about a doctor who slurred the med simethicone and the VR put methadone, along with a very high mg dose, and the MT didn't catch it. This patient was sent to the physical rehab unit where the nurse was giving her the methadone instead of simethicone and the patient died. Supervisor told me the MT was fired and the manager of our dept had to testify in the lawsuit. Now they reconcile the discharge meds, having the physician (I think) sign off on the list, but what if the error is made in Dragon in a progress note or something? I really want to look at my EMR if I'm ever admitted to the hospital - I don't trust all these now-permissible errors with Dragon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)