Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

I think the combination of VR, Dragon, sloppy - dictators, Epic is a very dangerous

Posted: Sep 19th, 2018 - 6:12 am In Reply to: errors - MLS

combination for patient safety. I would definitely request to see what is in your medical records.

In my experience, there have been a few doctors while dictating that call out errors in a patient's chart but the majority just repeat the same errors without even verifying if the information they are dictating is correct. It is really a shame that they fired the MT in that lawsuit instead of firing the doctor who apparently didn't check the report for errors. If that doctor had also dictated clearly so the MT could have understood the dictation, I'm sure it would have been caught. I think MTs have been turned into scapegoats. I guess it is easier for hospitals and clinics to blame it on the MT instead of taking blame for allowing technology and horrible dictators to continue putting patient safety second in order to save money.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)