Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

No one cares about the mistakes - anymore

Posted: Sep 17th, 2018 - 8:16 pm In Reply to: and these doctors catch their mistakes? - StillAnMT

I've said this before in other comments. No one cares about the mistakes in the record anymore. I transitioned from being an MT to being a coder and I read ER reports all day every day and the errors I see are awful. No one in charge cares about the errors in the records.

My organization had started implementing Dragon when EditScript went down last year and that just hastened the implementation. I was one of the people who was tasked to sit in the doctor's dictation area and help anyone who had any problems using it the first time. Every single one of them said something along the lines of 'wow, this is cool." Every. Single. One. We never got another dictation from any of those doctors. It's actually a cool program if you can look at it objectively.

Technology is making transcription obsolete. There will always be a few doctors who want to dictate, but at some point, keeping transcription staff employed for 5 or 6 doctors who still want to dictate won't be cost effective and they won't be given the choice anymore. That day is coming sooner than anyone wants to think about.

There was a poster several years ago who said loudly and clearly that the back end editing that MT's do is going to go away because of advances in the front end editing with Dragon. I always mentally pooh poohed that and thought to myself, no, there will always be some transcription. That poster is nuts. You know what? That poster wasn't nuts. That poster was dead on correct with his/her assessment of the coming technology and I apologize profusely for doubting them.

Get a Plan B or Plan C in action, folks. You're going to need it sooner rather than later.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)