Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

TRANSCRIPTION AS A CAREER - Jaggar

Posted: Sep 18th, 2018 - 8:35 am In Reply to: No one cares about the mistakes - anymore

I trained as a nurse and have been a commercial loan officer, so took an online job so I could stay at home when my mom was dying of cancer. I never planned on it being a career and do not know how anyone could possibly make a career out of it.

I have worked most of my life around physicians. Its not that the computer,Dragon, Lizard whatever does such a good job. At the beginning when you are typing everything straight typing and creating the format - a lot of doctors take that and then incorporate it in their office computer and have their medical assistant do it or they do it themselves. The computer will NEVER be accurately able to do a 100% dictation. I last worked in a big clinic before here and the doctors hated Dragon, but did learn to take the templates we created and make them into their own use so they did not use the dictation service anymore. That is why you get a lot of crappy dictators, ESL and people who cant talk correctly, because the computer can't pick it up right. When I worked in the clinic, we purposely sent all the ESL and crappy dictators out to the transcription companies and kept the easy ones for ourselves. You definitely need a different career besides just making your whole life transcription.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)