Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

I'll tell you how I finally got a job, but.... - Mary Roach

Posted: Jul 17th, 2018 - 3:45 pm In Reply to: This is so frustrating! sm - Old MT

this may not work for everyone.

After 1-1/2 years of taking the same kind of beating you are trying to survive, I sucked it up and applied at one of our local temp agencies. And it worked. I found a job, my current job, 7-1/2 years ago. I'm very happy here; it's the best job I've ever had, and I couldn't love it more. I work in a doctors' office. We have electronics records. The nurses and doctors enter their own text into the reports. I simply edit them for clarity and misspellings, etc. Then I fax them out. I fill in up front and do anything else ever asked of me. I do anything and everything. I have answered phones, filed paperwork, etc. I also water a plant that has been with the practice for 20+ years. I clean the wheelchairs every year. I wash the toys every month. I got to babysit my boss' new puppy one day! I've gotten to babysit some of my co-workers and doctors' children for a brief time when they needed someone here in the office. Puppies and babies, and getting paid for it, God Almighty, I'm happy! Anyway, at first, getting out of the house and "going to work" was very scary after working as a home-based CMT for 20+ years. I had to go to Goodwill and the other thrift stores to buy outfits good enough to wear to work (nothing fancy). And that's what I've done for the past 7-1/2 years and hope to do until I retire in 3-1/2 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)