Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance Today's Top Viewed: GMR.. (Views: 49)

Nuance still hurting uw - Tired hands

Posted: Jun 20th, 2018 - 7:59 pm

I was so darn happy when I was given the chance to get away from Nuance and be an IC once again.  Even though I was back to 7 cpl, which I made when I first became a MT in 1998, it was like heaven to be setting my own hours and not having dreaded FIESA hanging over my shoulder like a sword every day.  Now Nuance is not satisfied with grubbing for every dime that we make.  They are forcing many of us to buy new computers, to buy Windows 10, to pay in many cases for people to install all of this for us and they can do this because they are subbing out many of their clients, and putting their subs in an almost slavery position and keeping us all under their dirty thumb.  This is just so darn sad.  How can we ever get away from monsters like this?  There is no way that any of us can possibly get ahead on 7 cpl, which I am sure that their subcontractors can only pay us because Nuance is also grubbing them, and we are all helpless under their thumb and with this new demand that they obviously are not going to help us out with the financial outlay of new computers, etc., we are going to sink even more slowly into the financial mire that they have put us under.  I can only advise and hopefully make people listen, especially new transcriptionists, do NOT go to work for this evil company.  They are a scourge on our profession, which used to be an honorable one, but one which they have made a laughingstock of and a dead end.  Go to school and learn something else.  As for me, I am trying to make it, but thankfully I have other sources of income because without then there is no way that I would be making it any longer, yet I need it to fill in the gaps.  So sad, so bad, and there is absolutely no light in the tunnel any longer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)