Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance Today's Top Viewed: Supervisors: You can't be leaving so many bla.. (Views: 65)

I do not clock in with no work, I just do the OOW - fifteen minutes

Posted: Apr 11th, 2018 - 4:36 pm In Reply to: OOW - Long Time MT

Are you actually clocking in and waiting for work? I only clock in if I see there is work and then clock out immediately after when there is no work.

Surprised your OM hasn't told you that. To my knowledge, anyway, you only clock in when there is work. My line count is fine, but unfortunately I have only been working half the amount of scheduled hours and since March 31 not even that.

I believe the 15 minutes of OOW is not put into your line count, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I am in a high minimum wage state so I must do a certain lph or MUP will kick in, and I do not need them on my back for that, so that's what opened my eyes about logging in and out quickly to just do the work and maximize my lph. Up until a couple of months ago, we didn't have the problem of hardly any work on the system so you would only log off when you wanted a break or the very infrequent times you had OOW. Now it is a much more regular occurrence.

The way I work it is as soon as I get the OOW (usually right at the beginning of my shift lately) I do the OOW protocol and then I don't log on unless I have work and I log off right after I finish the work if I see there's nothing else on the system, but I guess it's relative. If you live in a low minimum wage state possibly it's okay for you to not worry too much about lph, but I have to unfortunately.

The thing about the OOW protocol is that once you get it you can be "released" for the rest of the day, so getting hours is then not as important as getting good lph. I find with the forced breaks I was making almost as much as working 40 hours because I can do higher lph when I don't have to do 8 hours in a row and I ended up getting the higher cpl because of that. But, if you get an error then you will have terrible pay because it will be the terrible pay on the smaller number of hours. Just nothing is easy with this place.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)