Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

If you live in a state which does partial UI - you should definitely apply

Posted: Apr 11th, 2018 - 5:48 am In Reply to: I had been doing the same, patching together - work as it trickles in

My state goes by days (ridiculous), and I must have no work at all for 2 out of 5 days to qualify for UI.

So what I am doing now is when there is no work at the beginning of my shift I do the OOW then log out for good. It kills me not to work, but that's the only way I am going to get the UI in my situation. Also, it was killing me to sit there pecking and scratching for work from dawn till dusk too just to achieve less than half my hours.

I haven't figured out what the master plan behind this is, not laying us off and instead having to deal with all of us applying for UI in varying stages at various times. Maybe they are getting away with a week of not paying us since I presume if they laid us off it would be much more straightforward? After all, every little penny counts, FROM us not TO us ever.

I do know it is, in true Nuance fashion, incredibly demoralizing. We are not even worth enough to them to lay us off properly, they are just hoping we slink away, go with one of the contractors and free them from paying us, or just do nothing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)