Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Are you saying I am lying - Not necessarily true

Posted: Jan 4th, 2018 - 7:34 pm In Reply to: .. and people lie too. - Truth

What is it that you do now that you had the presence of mind to leave MT before the bottom dropped out? It is possible that some people love what they do enough to stay, and it hasn’t been 15 years since people saw this coming. At my MT job I think we were told maybe 6 months in advance. As I said, I was in my late 50s and I tried to get other jobs but for most of them I was looking at a 30% to 40% cut in pay and it wasn’t doable. I found my niche as an MT and never wanted to do anything else, I’m sure that’s difficult for someone like you to believe, and for a very long time medical transcription was held in very high regard and people were paid accordingly. I’m not blaming anyone for what happened, and I landed on my feet after my layoff. Sometimes it has nothing to do with insecurity, it has to do with the reality of one’s personal situation. Don’t be so quick to judge others until you know all the facts. You may find yourself out of work at a certain age and forced to start over through no fault of your own, what goes around comes around.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)