Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 32)

I never thought I'd want out of MT - sm

Posted: Jan 3rd, 2018 - 9:09 am In Reply to: Is it legal for companies to not pay for headings that we type - just curious

but at this point I've had enough.

Line rates are embarrassingly low for IC work now. We are asked to do more and more "free" work, notations, headings, demographics, filling out templates, QT insertion on already low-rate voice rec reports, even cutting and pasting from prior reports!

With some companies (not all, but definitely most), MT is a ripoff. I refuse to do accounts with a lot of manual, unpaid free work. If I do a VR report where I'm spending 5 minutes editing and I make $.05, I'm done with that account.

As an IC, you do have the freedom to refuse some work. It's YOUR money and if you're not making enough to cover your expenses then you SHOULD refuse to do the work.

At the end of the year you have taxes to pay as an IC. Make enough money to cover your expenses and taxes or QUIT and get a job where you don't end up in trouble!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)