Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Get a job what a laugh - MT

Posted: Jan 3rd, 2018 - 11:11 am In Reply to: I never thought I'd want out of MT - sm

You all are constantly shouting get out, find something else, flip burgers. Well I'll tell you something and it is the cold, hard truth. I have been an MT for 30 years. I have advanced degrees (BA, Master's, some doctorate). Guess what. I was out of work for a month. I applied and still apply for every darn thing on the face of the earth practically from Walmart, waitress, doctor's office. Yes, I had the Indeed doctor's office interview. They asked how many years did I certify insurance benefits. How many years did I answer phones. IN less than 4 minutes I was ou of there with a proimse if they ever leave their MTSO or don't go to EHR they will call me. I am underqualified (no experience) for retail, for scribe, for secretary (though I did that but over 30 years ago). I look like I am in my 40s but my dates of college which we can't fudge (though we may fudge dates of employment to avoid age discrimination) cannot be changed. You who yell get out get out are getting on my nerves. YOU GET OUT and see who hires you. SMH. Seriously people here have no clue as to what is out there and who won't hire us. I am not being negative. This is FACT. My son has a job under 18 and seasonal and got hired where I was rejected. QUIT and get a job. SMH. You quit and get a job. End of rant.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)