Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Get a job - It is hard

Posted: Jan 3rd, 2018 - 12:52 pm In Reply to: Get a job what a laugh - MT

It is very difficult to find a decent job and age discrimination is out there. I did work retail for a year and I also did merchandizing (I am age 68). They are always looking for companion work as well, but offices, etc., no way. Maybe a call center?

The thing is, these are all low paying jobs. They take out taxes which is what I was aiming for as I work as an IC, but talk about demanding. Oh yes we will hire you as a cashier, but you will also have to clean the bathrooms, take out trash, stock shelves and you may get a break if we have enough people working.

All MTs are in the same boat and I don't have any answers. I get SS, so t his supplement for me, but it is still a very difficult job and so much we do for free and if we make a mistake, look out, we are raked over the coals.

I guess all you can do is try to keep looking, maybe something will pop up and if you have to keep doing transcription/editing, do the best you can. I work for 2 companies and have even considered a third, but finally drew the line at that as there are days, I can hardly face it, so I allow myself the luxury of logging off. My loss money wise, but for $10/hour I can let it go at times.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)