Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance Today's Top Viewed: Andrews crew.. (Views: 33)

I agree, even if you can get a lawyer to take it - pro bono, the costs would be huge

Posted: Aug 4th, 2017 - 5:47 am In Reply to: Lawsuit dilemma - Old MT

And eat any settlement. Personally, I am filing claims with the state DOL and my state Attorney General.

I have been following wage theft issues for a long while (because we have been victims of it for so long) and most often the successful settlements come out of cases brought by state attorneys general. This means they use the state's resources to fight for payment on behalf of a group of employees.

I guess the fact that Nuance is based in Massachusetts may make it difficult to file on a state level, despite them employing MTs from many states.

Massachusetts, by the way, has good pro-worker laws, so anybody from Massachusetts look into this? I have provided a link below because quite possibly a MA resident or residents would be the best way to claim since Nuance is based there and then we all may get the benefit of any case brought.

I'm hoping somehow one of these AGs will pick up the ball and run with it.

On the claim form for my state they ask for names and phone numbers of other MTs that are in the same boat. Well, they have us there again, don't they? We don't even know who our own co-workers are, nor which state they are in. So if you know other Nuance MTs in your state that is also an advantage.

If one of us or a group of us can win a state level claim via AG that would be a real achievement, and if an attorney sees a successful settlement on the state level, they might decide to take our case on nationally as a class action.

But certainly not on my dime, because I don't have any dimes. We are most of us all bone poor and hands up (sea of hands up in my mind) if you've been through bankruptcy, lost a car, a home, an apartment. We are all hanging onto whatever little we have left so none of us can afford attorneys. It took me a year to save up enough to pay the lawyer to go bankrupt!

I have been involved in an employment case won before, where the entire settlement was taken up by legal fees, which they can legally do. I would not do that again, but all power to however we can get this done. Maybe someone knows a family member or a decent lawyer who would take it pro bono.

This is the first time Nuance has so blatantly cheated us in a way that can be documented and seen very easily, so we have to at least try to take them on on this one.

They are waiting for us to blink. Don't blink. Make them blink.

LINK/URL: I agree, even if you can get a lawyer to take it

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)