Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance Today's Top Viewed: Andrews crew.. (Views: 36)

OOW policy - mt no more

Posted: Aug 2nd, 2017 - 11:37 am In Reply to: New message in Webclock - ???

So, what happens? Let me guess (as I no longer work there). For the readers who are not familiar with this OOW policy, you're out of work, send email to POC, do the Webclock punch out, punch in under OOW, wait 15 minutes, receive no response, punch out, and you're then gone for the day with no pay. No response from email to OM where you request permission to flex time (though last time I looked, OOW policy stated this is not required, but it would be interesting to see if an OM would respond).

I would take a screen shot of that notice in Webclock and out of work screen in your platform. Print out every email sent or received. If you haven't done so already, apply for unemployment benefits, even if it's the first time you've ever been OOW (which is unlikely, I'm sure).

I no longer work for Nuance. I totally lost faith in them a few weeks before the June 27th incident. My biggest peeve was the quality of the dictations, with non-ESL speed talkers repeatedly getting away with bad dictation practices repeatedly with no penalty while I was expected to be perfect, to have high speed and less than 5% of reports sent in for a 2nd listen. I had been told by my supervisor that the facility had tried to get the dictators to change, but was unsuccessful. I came to the conclusion that either the OM was lying to me or the facility really wasn't trying that hard and Nuance didn't push the issue enough. That was totally unacceptable and I finally had had enough of that. What amazed me throughout my entire MT career is that Nuance and other MTSOs seem to continue to allow the clients to treat us so rudely. How did Nuance and other MTSOs learn to treat us as inferior human beings, to be underpaid, over-worked, lied to, have familiar accounts removed, gone overnight with no notice, totally abuse us on so many levels? How did this happen? We (and the MTs who came before us) taught them that it was okay to do this by accepting the poor treatment from them, as well as from their clients.

I am so happy to be an MT NO MORE. I have hated it for at least 90% of my 12-year career. Since I left Nuance, I feel physically and emotionally so much better. My breathing is even easier. I mean, I'm not short of breath like I was 24/7 when working for them. In hindsight, I was likely suffering from a state of constant anxiety, even on my days off. Being a former RN/MT who now totally distrusts and despises the medical industry, I didn't bother to go to a doctor regarding this issue. But it seems that the cure was to simply quit working as an MLS/MT.

I wish the best for all of you, and I truly hope, if you continue to work for Nuance, that the company makes big changes in the way it treats its transcription employees. I especially hope that those of you who remain require better treatment than what you accepted in the past.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)