Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Someone needs to explore the law that covers workers - working without compensation

Posted: Jul 31st, 2017 - 8:12 am In Reply to: Run or stay?? - ss

I would find it hard to work knowing they owed me money already. And if they are altering timesheets that would only further distress me. There must be some regulation that makes it possible for a worker to suspend working until a pay discrepancy is resolved in order to protect workers from continuing to risk their livelihood with a company that is dishonest. I know they can't fire an employee for making a complaint with the DOL so I think workers this morning should be either contacting labor attorneys (many will work on contingency for big cases like this) or file those DOL complaints and send the Demand Letters.

This is from the DOL website: It is a violation to fire or in any other manner discriminate against an employee for filing a complaint or for participating in a legal proceeding under FLSA.
Willful violations may be prosecuted criminally and the violator fined up to $10,000. A second conviction may result in imprisonment. Employers who willfully or repeatedly violate the minimum wage requirements are subject to a civil money penalty of up to $1,000 for each such violation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)