Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal Today's Top Viewed: gall bladder surgery.. (Views: 47)

Can't win OR How do we win in this game? Is it even possible? - MT

Posted: Jul 10th, 2017 - 1:29 pm In Reply to: Wal-Mart - amy

Maybe it's just the world we live in nowadays, OR maybe it's been this way forever. I used to think that employers were loyal to employees, but if that were the case, there would never have been a need for unions. My own father was a Teamster. He worked 37 years as a wholesale "milkman", ever so loyal to Sealtest. I think he missed 3 days work in those 37 years. However, with just one day's notice in the mid 1980s, his job was gone. He was nearly 60 years old, and it nearly killed him.

It seems to me that the only employer you can really trust is yourself, and then you have to bow down to customers, unless you have an excellent service or something that everyone wants, something they can't get anywhere else. But then there's the worry that someone will steal your idea and competition will pop up everywhere.

If I lived in the town where that Walmart worker lived, I'd boycott the Walmart in support of the displaced worker, and I'd let Walmart know my reasons. Plus, I'd spread the word, all the time realizing that the local people hearing the story from me would not care less, would continue to shop at Walmart, and would simply conclude that I'm nuts.

I hope that Walmart worker can find a better position elsewhere, where she'll be appreciated and respected, if there is such a place.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)