Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

MM IC Work - I applied, what was I thinking

Posted: Jul 2nd, 2017 - 1:05 pm In Reply to: M*Modal IC Status - Fool Me Twice

I did apply because I have been out of work since last Tuesday and still nothing but a bunch of emails that really don't say anything definite.

I got an immediate response. I also applied at Inscribe and got an immediate response and both of these companies sent me reams of contract pages that have to be scanned or faxed to them. MM wants you to attend a 3 hour Fluency meeting today, with no mention of being paid for it, which I doubt. Again free work from me, cost of sending a fax or scanning it to them, going to Office Depot to that and then struggling through new accounts, spending hours on end and this is a holiday weekend so to speak with Monday and Tuesday off for most people. I actually have experience in Fluency, but felt I should take a refresher course as it has been a while, but when she said 3 hours, I cringed.

I decided to forgo both of these offers, because I am not going to bust my butt so they can make a huge profit off of this (carpetbaggers)and then dump me. It isn't that easy to jump into new accounts, no matter how desperate they are and for the life of me I cannot understand why they don't give the work to their own people????? Guess they don't want to pay all that OT. Who knows, who cares, I didn't even answer or reply when they contacted me.

I worked for MM a few years ago and it was the worst experience I ever had as an MT, why in the world would I do it again?

I am just hoping my MT job comes back as we use Emdat and soon and she still has the account that I work on. It is only PT for me (I have another non MT job, thankful for that), but it is something to help with paying a couple of bills.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)