Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: GMR.. (Views: 38)

and another thing - it should not be hospital administrators and bean

Posted: Feb 12th, 2017 - 10:19 pm In Reply to: If lawmakes find US call centers worth protecting... - need I say more?

deciding whether sensitive patient information should be broadcast all over the globe; it should be the patients themselves. If Casey et al sees value in mandating that customer callers be given the choice to speak to a US service rep, then every patient should certainly be given the choice to keep their own personal information within US borders. It should be a FULL DISCLOSURE INFORMED CHOICE that is given at the time intake paperwork is signed...every US patient already signs an agreement about information gathering, disclosure, access to their records, etc. Included in this agreement should be the option to forbid offshore transcription, including the exact cost difference to the patient. Yes, pennies a line "adds up," but in each case that is the bottom line: Pennies a line to endanger information and health, and to destroy the lives of the US health care professionals who STILL provide that service. Sometimes "buying American" costs more, but people do it willingly all the time. And talk about Value Added?? "You're not only saving American jobs and workers, you could be saving your own life!" Excuse me now, I have some more letters to write.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)