Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Everyone needs to report these companies - QA/MT

Posted: Jan 14th, 2017 - 10:53 am In Reply to: Infraware: So disappointing - anon

Yes, the do misclassify and it hurts them and us. Everyone needs to report these places. As long as no one does anything but complain, they will keep doing it. An IC sets their own hours, days, time etc. When they control your schedule and everything, it is "employee". Many companies get away with saving money on benefits and overtime by doing this and it's not fair. They are also cheating the IRS as well by not paying the proper taxes by misclassify an MT as IC when in fact they require "employee" schedules etc. I am getting out of MT this year once I finish with school. It's become a joke and back when I started, there were so many great companies to work for but now there are almost none at all to choose from, good or bad. I have noticed a lot of hospitals hiring in-house MT's again. In fact, I just sent my resume to one to see what they pay. I think those taking MT courses are wasting their time and money. You can't make a living doing this anymore like we used to be able to. Most work is sent off-shore and the pay we get is insulting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)