Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: GMR Transcription.. (Views: 43)

Just Curious - A Few Questions - Bailey719

Posted: Oct 30th, 2016 - 2:40 pm

Just found this board and have a couple of questions.  I have 15+ years experience doing medical transcription having started at a surgery center over 10 years ago.  I kept getting doctors asking me to do side work until it became so much work I had to choose between the hospital and working from home.  I chose home and never looked back.  I originally had 6 doctors I typed for and now I'm down to 3 because I'm getting old and tired.

So, I'm browsing the archives here and see questions from ICs but they are also working for a company? If you are an IC why not just get your own accounts? I can understand if you get added benefits by going through a company, but would an IC get company benefits? (insert confusion)  Sorry for my confusion, I may have stayed in the house too long. LOL!  Also, I may have duplicated this post because apparently one must validate e-mail before posting so I'm not sure if my previous post will go through or not.  

I type for three doctors, two locally, and one from where I lived previously and there is no middle man of any kind.  I bill them, they pay me.  What is the benefit of being an IC if you go through a company?  (again, sorry, but I'm apparently way out of the loop)  

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)