Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

ILPs - MTC

Posted: Oct 7th, 2016 - 1:17 pm

So I'm on this operative report where the dictator has a thick accent and is talking really fast, and it is taking all my past experience and understanding of the English language not only to understand him but to figure out where one sentence should end and the next one begin. Where do the periods go?? I can figure it out but it's really hard. And then I have to correct his verb tense because he talks kind of like DocuCheck is programmed, which is to say, mostly wrong.

I have been on Indian MT internet forums, where it is really sad to me how bad their English really is... especially considering these are the ones who think their English is actually good.  Good enough to be MTs.  But anyway it isn't.  And I'm thinking:  How do they expect these ILPs to do this? 

Don't you wonder what kind of reports are they are actually doing?  I can't imagine an ILP making this dictation into something that makes sense and even sounds respectable, which is actually what a good MT does, right?  When we can, if at all possible?

So what are they doing then??  And at the cost of the pay of the US MTs who do this well?

It's like a bad dream, like something you should wake up from and realize the whole idea is ridiculous and of course it could never happen in real life.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)