Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: GMR Transcription.. (Views: 43)

Couldn't agree with you more - beenthere

Posted: Oct 5th, 2016 - 1:23 pm In Reply to: Couldn't agree with you more - anon

Thank you. You get what I’m trying to say. I’m not implying that I work holidays, either, because I normally don’t nor am I expected to, but I did work this past Labor Day from 6 a.m. to around 10 a.m. because I wanted to, not because I was told to. The account was backlogged and I wanted to help out, plus by getting some work done on Labor Day, it freed me up for any other work that may come in later in the week. I used to resent working holidays when I was an employee, but I don’t mind a couple hours here and there as an IC (except for Christmas and Thanksgiving). I think it’s all in the mindset when you’re an IC and free to manage your time and your paycheck. You have to follow the work when the work is there and that’s especially true in the transcription world nowadays. Being an IC allows me to do that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)