Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: IC worker.. (Views: 37)

I am, but... - Cassie

Posted: Jul 1st, 2016 - 2:35 pm In Reply to: Is anyone happy being an MT? - Juls

I have my own accounts. I would not consider doing this work for the abysmal line rates being offered by transcription companies, and for acute care work at that! If you get your own accounts, you can be very happy. Not a lot of BS to deal with (there can be some depending on the office management and staff), but you have more control. I do, however, agree 100% that you should not put all your eggs in the MT basket. I am studying coding right now, even though I am still making a good living with my own accounts.

Things have changed, that's for sure. I used to have accounts that I would get 500 to 1000 dollars per week from. Now it is more like 500 to 1000 per month. So I have to have more accounts than I used to, but the advantage to that is that if one of them quits on me, it doesn't hurt as much.

Good luck!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)