Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

happy.... - sue

Posted: Jun 30th, 2016 - 6:28 pm In Reply to: I used to be happy being an MT - mom2huskies

If you want to be a transcriptionist, give it a go, work hard, try to have a good day every day, but please please please also spend the time you are working as a transcriptionist training for another profession. You can take the classes on line at night. Eventually if (when) you decide that transcription isn't for you, then you will have something to fall back on that pays benefits. Don't let the time go by without doing something every day for your future. I absolutely loved my hospital transcription job, and i took advantage of tuition reimbursement and studied coding at night. I even got certified. Didn't do anything with coding because i was so happy with transcription .... until we got outsourced to one of the companies. I worked for that company and when i got my first paycheck and realized it was fully $14 PER HOUR less than what i was making, i said NOPE, i am going to find a job as a coder. Working as a coder is absolutely wonderful, and once again i am happy and making a decent wage. So do transcription, but have a plan in place and prepare yourself for your next job. Take advantage of tuition reimbursement as much as you can, don't squander that benefit if you have it available to you! Think things like pharmacy technician, medical coder, licensed nursing assistant, licensed practical nurse, administrative assistant, massage therapy, computer classes, even cake decorating will go a long way toward getting you into a new job. Also, training for many jobs like that only takes about a year or a year and a half to complete.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)