Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

No one is happy in this career - Unhappy

Posted: Jun 30th, 2016 - 3:19 pm In Reply to: Is anyone happy being an MT? - Juls

There is no way anyone could be happy in this field. Not only the low pay, but the attitudes and how they treat you are HORRIBLE. You will never make a lot of money, your job will always be threatened by some power tripping QA, and you will never receive any respect or any gratitude in this job. You will never advance, never get a raise, but guaranteed, they will cut your pay in any way they can, and at times, they may not even pay you at all. In addition, you will gain health problems, both physical and mental by sitting and typing such long hours, you will never get benefits and if you do, they are so expensive that you can't even think about affording them, and eventually you will develop social anxiety and depression because you lose valuable time on holidays and important days with your family and friends because you had to sit home waiting on reports that probably never came in.

As sad as it is...get out. There is no hope for this field anymore. No is happy. They are right when they say the work is going to India and Pakistan.

God knows I have tried to be happy and I have tried to like the job, but every time I try, I get reminded how incredibly bad this field has become and it will only get worse.

Get out. Life is too short to waste your time and talent in a field that is going down FAST.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)