Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I gotta agree with the posters - StillAnMT

Posted: Jun 30th, 2016 - 2:22 pm In Reply to: is anyone happy being an MT - Elizabeth

I have worked in-office, as IC to the physician, and as subcontractor to MTSOs. I now only work as subcontractor for MTSOs. I love the work, but I have to be very careful about what accounts I do because some have just too much uncompensated expectations, some have very cumbersome platforms. The work I have now is acceptable, but I cannot believe these accounts will be here in 2 years when I hit full retirement. They quit the MTSO with no warning, and it takes a long time for new work to come in, if ever. I may have to work part-time in an office somwhere (if I can find it). Probably working in an office would be good for me.

There are a ton of us retiring in the next couple of years. That might help you make your decision to stick it out. But I would not suggest a national service - not enough money, too much stress, too cumbersome of platforms without the ability to make complicated macros to speed up the work or even tweak the templates to speed up the work. The name of the game is typing it fast, and taking away that ability means taking a cut in pay.

hope that helps.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)