Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Is there anyone happy being an MT - MTstill

Posted: Jun 30th, 2016 - 1:49 pm In Reply to: Is anyone happy being an MT? - Juls

I'm sure if you read posts on this site, you will get your answer. I have been an MT for 35 years and have owned my own MTSO in the distant past, being somewhat of a pioneer back then. I then went to hospital work which I absolutely loved. It was a wonderful time of my life. We got a nice hourly wage plus a generous bonus program and of course a FTE status with nice benefits. Unfortunately, the HUGE MTSO bought the transcription company out and I went to work for them. In the beginning for quite a few years, I was more than happy with the service and the money, and again FTE with benefits. However, when Voice Recognition came along, it all went to heck in a handbasket. I worked for a few services and they were all the same, minimum wages, horrific attitudes, and no benefits. I decided that was the end of working for big services. I was fortunate enough to get a part-time position with a wonderful little company that I enjoy. 8 cents a line including spaces, no crazy platforms, great QA, and a great boss. I don't make much money because I am only doing one account with two physicians BUT I have my sanity back and my self worth. So, an answer to your question, Yes, I still love transcription but certainly not with the big MTSOs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)