Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I used to be - Old MT

Posted: Jun 30th, 2016 - 4:15 pm In Reply to: happy - JustMe

I used to love my job when I worked in house in a hospital setting where the doctors and staff appreciated what you did, made a great hourly salary, had benefits and PTO. Then the outsourcing started, the pay went down to pennies and the demands went up to being unreasonable, and voice wreck took all the enjoyment out of it. I would much rather type something correctly the first time instead of trying to fix all the mistakes that take me much longer to do for half the line amount. The big companies came in, bought up all the good smaller companies, and turned it into working for a Nike shoe factory in China. The stress level went up 100% and the pay level went down 100%. They have totally ruined the profession that I dearly loved and now they are trying very hard to put us all out of a job with EMR and their wonderful "technology." If you are young, please take all the advice we give you and find another field to get into. This one is definitely NOT going to get any better and soon will be gone the way of the dinosaurs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)