Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

This may help - sm

Posted: May 26th, 2016 - 7:31 pm In Reply to: What is a MT office manager worth? - Missmarymacmac

Below is a link for a pay scale by region. I suggest you make a list of all your responsibilities and the average time it takes you to perform those tasks. Research the pay both high and low for your area of the country so you and the MD can meet in the middle (or upper middle), and present this to the MD. I worked as an MT in a hospital in the East, then I managed the MT department. From there I managed the Medical Records Department. I spent a total of 30 years in management before I retired. Now I am back to my roots as a part time IC, it helps keep me sharp. Getting a raise sometimes is like pulling teeth. You will hear about the budget, department costs, etc. If that happens get a time frame and get it in writing. One more thing, I noticed in your post the statement "I have 2 transcriptionists working under me." No one works "under you." You are responsible for two transcriptionists. You have a very important, very demanding job, a position that deserves respect, but respect is earned, not given.

LINK/URL: This may help

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)