Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Why is it so hard for MTSOs like MM to be logical, practical and use common sense - sm

Posted: Apr 20th, 2016 - 9:37 am

My rant/vent for the day... it's a long one so grab your cup of coffee. 

1)  You want to reduce the number of blanks - here's logical and practical... keep HDS, MT, MLS, (whatever you feel you need to call us today) on 1 account at a time, provide proper audio/proper program, teach the dictators like you want a quality document and hold them accountable for their poor dictation technique (they put their pants on like we do, they have blood in their veins like we do, and they sit [you know what I wanted to say] on the pot like we do... they are no more special). 

2)  You want to reduce errors - here's logical and practical... keep HDS, MT, MLS on 1 account at a time, provide proper audio, and teach the dictators like you want a quality document and hold them accountable for their poor dictation technique (they put their pants on like we do, they have blood in their veins like we do, and they sit [you know what I wanted to say] on the pot like we do... they are no more special). 

3)  You want to reduce inactive time - here's logical and practical... keep HDS, MT, MLS on 1 account at a time, provide proper audio, and teach the dictators like you want a quality document and hold them accountable for their poor dictation technique (they put their pants on like we do, they have blood in their veins like we do, and they sit [you get the pic] on the pot like we do... they are no more special). You can even go further to get rid of this petty inactive time since we are production workers anyway.  

Let's go further and say that it is possible for there to be a company out there that can be logical, practical, and a great company all at once.  I know that saying "you can please some of the people all the time..."  However, when you are creating a hostile work environment and the majority of your employees are unhappy and a lot are quitting due to your inept business practices then obviously you are doing something wrong, very wrong.  I'm certainly not going to pretend to know how to run a Fortune 500 company, but I do have common sense and know how to be efficient and functional.  

1)  You want us to work the schedule we were placed on, requested, approved of and adhere to it.... then provide us with work, 1 account at a time (see above).

2)  Pay us what we are worth... We are trained, educated, and for some of us we've been doing this for a LLLOOOONNNNGGG time, we know the same information that an MD, ARNP, PA-C, and so forth knows and we even catch their mistakes for them, yet we are paid 100% less.  We are paid less than or equal to minimum wage depending on your state, (my 17-year-old who works at a concession stand at a ballpark, makes more than me).  Pay us for the knowledge we possess. 

3)  Bring the work back to the states and back to those who have the wisdom and actually want to keep this important career, just that... a career.  Let India take care of India and let America take care of America.  This used to be a career, something that was admired and appreciated.  Now, when asked what I do, I have to go into a complete explanation because nobody has a clue what an MT, HDS, MLS does anymore.

I read an article saying that performance management is a hoax, a scam.  Is that how MM wants to portray themselves, a hoax of a company to work for? a scam company? 

Am I done yet?!  Nope, not by a long shot, because let's face it, MM, Nuance, Keystrokes, TTS, and the rest of the MTSOs fail to be the ideal companies to work for.  Not a single one of these stated have glassdoor, indeed, monster.com reviews that make them potential great companies to work for.

I will leave the rest to you to fill in with your venting/complaining/ranting.  I'm tired, hungry, and bored due to continued NJA even after an hour and a half. 

Have a great day!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)