Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: gall bladder surgery.. (Views: 58)

Not an NP, but still... - Backwoods Typist

Posted: Apr 12th, 2016 - 3:45 pm In Reply to: NPs drive me nuts - and they worry about us endangering patient care

Frustrating. I have one particular doctor that pronounces Vyvanse as "Vyvase."

I feel the frustration with the NPs though. Several on my account cannot for the life of them pronounce the medications correctly. One I have says metoprolol like meta-pray-lol. How can you go through medical school of any kind and NOT know how to pronounce these medications?

I agree with the OP, too, that the dictators are the real danger to patient care. They obviously do not care anymore if they dictate in the manners that they do, on cellphones, speakerphones, in noisy rooms, while inhaling their lunch, etc. Crazy what they get away with.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
  • NPs drive me nuts - and they worry about us endangering patient care (Views: 537, 2016-04-12, 10:38 am)
    • NPs - Chi-town Lady (Views: 451, 2016-04-12, 10:53 am)
    • Zeenia - SoMany (Views: 508, 2016-04-12, 12:59 pm)
    • NPs - Transgal (Views: 426, 2016-04-12, 2:03 pm)
    • Not an NP, but still... - Backwoods Typist
    • NPs - anon (Views: 390, 2016-04-13, 2:03 am)