Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

My Nuance experience . . .. - MT Lifer

Posted: Mar 25th, 2016 - 1:43 pm

I have 25 years' experience in MT, clinic, acute, psych, diagnostics, etc.  I know what I'm doing.  I lasted 4 months at N.  100% QA for all but 2 weeks of my 4 months; the first ding was in my first week, still learning the program and SR; no excuses, really, I'll own the mistake.  But 100% for every week after that until I got dinged for 1 word.  ONE WORD. That word was "tender," which I inadvertently omitted.  It knocked my pay down for that week in excess of 0.02 cpl.  I was up to making just under .11 cpl.  

Training was atrocious.  Terrible communication between managers.  My TSM was very nice and helpful WHEN she answered my emails which was not often.  I decided to quit once I'd mastered the program which I did, on my own, without help. Oh, and the Concierge team didn't know I existed until my fourth week of work.  Talk about making somebody feel invisible! 

Then we ran out of work.  For 2 weeks straight.  I know you have all experienced this.  I was hired on for a brand new account which contained 2 cilnics and 2 hospitals.  How do they suddenly have no doctors dictating?  For 2 weeks straight?  

That is when I quit - found another job and moved on. 

I will miss having them pay my taxes and contribute to my 401(k) and the PTO.  It was nice to have benefits after 20 years of not.  

I've *heard* from a trusted source the Nuance hires newbies.  If you are a newbie and being treated poorly, THERE ARE OTHER OPTIONS.  Please do not let this be your first and last experience in the MT world.  

There was a time when I was desperate for a job and emailed out probably 30 resumes to every MT company hiring that I could find.  I might have gotten 3 responses.  I've worked for 2 fantastic companies, 1 "it'll do for now" company, multiple doctors' offices, and 1 psycho that I can't believe is in business.  

If you are miserable at N, send out a resume a day.  Or two.  And don't stop until you find the place where you fit.  

If you are happy at N, I think that's great!  I was happy at N for a while . . .  I wish it could have lasted.  

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)