Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: gall bladder surgery.. (Views: 43)

Preach! - anon

Posted: Feb 25th, 2016 - 12:22 am In Reply to: Pep Talk - Out of MT

17 years ago I was working as an MT and making some REALLY good money but I could see the writing on the wall and decided to go back to school. Two years into that schooling I was still making REALLY good money as an MT and decided I must have been wrong and things weren't going to heck in a hand-basket and so I quit school. That worked out fabulous for quite a few more years.

However, the last 5 years have been down hill fast to where I now make minimum wage (I was making $25 an hour). If I had just stayed in school then I would be way on the other side of MT. I got lazy and made a really poor choice.

I started back to school this year for a 2 year program and NOTHING is going to stop me this time. It is HARD but the MT biz is dead and if you have more than 5-10 years left in your career life you really need to consider jumping ship and saving yourself.

I know a lot of people are jumping from MT to coding as a natural progression but I really feel it will eventually end up exactly where MT is right now. If you have a lot of years left, I would really consider some other options.

The OP is 100% right.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
  • Pep Talk - Out of MT (Views: 829, 2016-02-24, 5:12 pm)
    • Preach! - anon