Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: gall bladder surgery.. (Views: 49)

The logic I do not understand. Question for MTSOs - Do not get it

Posted: Feb 18th, 2016 - 6:02 am In Reply to: 4 cpl to pay attention to detail, be committed...cracking me up - This is why nobody makes a living any more

You say that an MT can edit 1-1/2 more lines than they can straight type. This is your logic for pay of 4 cpl. Here is what I do not understand. Tell me why the minimum line requirement for editing with many companies is 1,200 lines per day? When we used to do straight typing the minimum line requirement was 1,500 lines per day. Explain that logic to me.

Now, if you had a very easy dictator that the voice recognition brought in at 80% correct, that 4 cpl may not be so bad if those were the reports you did day in and day out. However, we all know this is not the case. In the VR reports, we can no longer use much expanded type to help increase our production and pay. Many companies send those easy (80%) reports off-shore and we are stuck with the difficult reports, most of which should not be on VR in the first place.

Not only is the pay calculated unfairly by not considering all the variables, you want us to do this work for 4 cpl. AND YOU WANT ICs.... No PTO, no benefits, and no social security contribution. What does that bring your pay down to? And at the same time, you want knowledgeable, dedicated/reliable experienced MTs to sign up for this!!!

The MTSOs are turning this industry into nothing more than part-time work for mommies or retirees at home who have time on their hands and need a LITTLE extra money. Not only that, it is quite evident from all the acquisitions of late that the MTSOs themselves cannot make it financially. Because of these low pay rates for employees and ICs, it is no longer a desirable profession for career-minded people. They do not want to accept the pay or the working conditions any longer. What a waste of such knowledgeable people.....the very ones that you need to make your business profitable. The well is going to run dry for you one day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)