Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I hate stream-of-consciousness dictators. - sm

Posted: Feb 16th, 2016 - 5:45 am

You know the ones I mean.  The ones who just start talking out of the side of their mouths, wandering all over the place, forgetting what they have or haven't said.  They have no concept of the document structure.  They mix together the content that goes in different sections of the report, providing no headers EVER and constructing long-winded convoluted sentences filled with dangling participles, singular-plural contradictions, or half-sentences that could belong to the end of one sentence or the beginning of the other - and then forever asking you to "just go back to where I said...", sometimes when there is no such place.

In other words, they dictate as if they were standing at the urinal, discussing the case with a doctor at the next urinal.  (Oh, wait - he didn't wash his hands...ewe!)

And I'm supposed to make sense out of it WHILE trying to abide by "strict verbatim" rules.

Aaaaargh!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)