Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

What worked for me..... - Mary Roach

Posted: Feb 12th, 2016 - 12:41 pm In Reply to: They have much better sound quality. - Tired

I worked for several years as a QA editor. I never, ever had any special equipment or program or anything that provided better quality to the dictation with which we were struggling. I did spend my own money to buy the best quality headphones I could find. And, my only focus was to fill in the blanks. You would be surprised how well a QA editor can figure out those blanks after focusing on doing just that for months and months. And, oftentimes, we would be so familiar with the "bad" dictators, it was like magic understanding what they in particular were saying. I made it my mission to figure out blanks, like a forensic scientist solving a crime. Lastly, I feel like I had a special talent for my work, and I feel it was very beneficial for each MT and for the company as a whole. The 43 MTs on our team knew that there were never going to be punished in any way for not getting blanks. We knew how hard they were working, and we did not want them to have to stress out about the really tough blanks. As a matter of fact, the way our process worked was that whenever possible, I could send a message to an MT and let her know what was in the blank. If she wished to, she could pull the report back up and listen to just that spot (because we did use time stamps, which saved a lot of time and trouble). I worked my you-know-what off to be a helper, almost a servant, to each of our MTs. I figured the better I could support and help them, the better they felt about their work. And I just want to say, some people are auditory learners, and that also gives them a special talent for figuring out the tougher stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)