Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Supervisors: You can't be leaving so many bla.. (Views: 32)

goals are not impossible when there are people - meeting them

Posted: Feb 15th, 2016 - 1:11 am In Reply to: Come off it. You know very well the MTs are racing through - trying to meet the impossible goals SM

I DID "sit down in the MTs chair" before I did QA. I know exactly what the job entails! I didn't try and blame others when I made a mistake though or think there was some QA conspiracy out there. There are a lot of of us who are able to meet those "impossible" line counts and quality goals, which means they aren't impossible.

Instead of blaming everyone else I looked at what I was doing and fixed it. I used to race through too and do a second read. Then I realized I was a lot more accurate AND faster if I just listened once and proofed as I went. I bought better headphones (you can get a good pair on sale for well under $100 if you look around). I removed myself from things that were distracting me. Those are all things that have continued to serve me while I do QA, not that I have different/better sound files.

So what if QA gets used to what a difficult dictator is saying? That's part of the job for QA, to fill in blanks. That has zero to do with us having anything special though, which is what this post started as. That's just doing our job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)