Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

no special equipment here - sm

Posted: Feb 13th, 2016 - 10:58 am In Reply to: What worked for me..... - Mary Roach

I'm currently a QA editor and I couldn't agree more with what you have said here. I don't have special anything. I don't get a better quality report, I don't have different software. I also bought high end headphones, and they DO make a HUGE difference in what I can hear.

I also listen to the blanks on a slower speed. I think MTs sometimes don't do this because they are racing through trying to produce as much as possible. It can make a huge difference.

You do get used to those difficult dictators also. QA hears them over and over whereas an MT might only see their reports once every few weeks.

Some people are just determined to make excuses or place blame or come up with theories that QA must have better this and better that and are out to get them instead of accepting that maybe they made a mistake or maybe that QA person is more experienced or maybe they invested in better headphones, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)