Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

For those getting constant OOW - just wondering

Posted: Dec 30th, 2015 - 9:04 am

Have you requested another account or two? I really hated to do that, but I also know I kept bemoaning the lack of work and my TSM was not entirely aware either that I was having the issue and/or that it bothered me, not sure which. This was a while ago, so maybe they are more on top of things now. Once I requested more work and more accounts were given, I did have work. Mind you, I hated the work.

I really really HATE new accounts, especially when it seems like I should have plenty of work on my primary and a couple of others. But the EHR seems to be making the work go away, then they catch up or maybe some of them decide they would rather dictate. I really don't know, but because of the insecurity and varying volumes, having more accounts worked for me to the point now when I rarely if ever run out (of course, sometimes I wish I would!!!).

Obviously, this would not apply to some of you who are undergoing forced changes in platform or what have you. Some of you have probably received no response when asking for extra accounts too. Extra accounts were not offered me even though they had to know I was striking OOW.

Eventually, in my case I tried to get partial UE and I could not in my state, so I finally made a desperate plea to my TSM and she worked with other TSMs on our platform and in our group and gave me the extra accounts.

I have to say I am envious of many I read of on here who say 300 lph editing is low. I am lucky, with all my accounts and the new accounts, to break 200 lph most days (mostly ISR but some ST). But I do get my hours in and I need the 40 hours so I can build up PTO. On the odd occasion I can get up to my previous levels and close to 300, but usually I get a stinker or two that brings me down. It seems like all that's left on the familiar accounts are the stinkers for the most part, but familiar stinkers are better than unfamiliar stinkers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)