Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance Today's Top Viewed: GMR.. (Views: 38)

Just because Career Step promotes Nuance - does not mean it is the only place...

Posted: Dec 16th, 2015 - 3:30 pm In Reply to: Nuance advice - mt26

I also graduated Career Step some years ago and they were promoting MedQuist (now MModal). I did go there because others are reluctant to hire newbies.

If you go to Nuance, don't get discouraged if you don't do well. Even us seasoned veterans are struggling. They will not give you a learning curve and expect you to be up to speed immediately!! I can't imagine.

When I started at MM I was independent contractor which they don't have now at MM or N, so I could be as slow and careful as I wanted, probably 2-3 bucks an hour. You could try the job wanted boards saying you want IC newbie position. You have to pay your own Social Security taxes. it is 7.65% more than if you are employee, but you would not have to worry about making minimum wage because you will be in trouble as an employee if they have to pay you make-up pay (MUP) to get you up to minimum.

I say again...don't be discouraged. I can't imagine jumping in full speed!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)