Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

if they want things done their way I'm not their MT - it is all about the money

Posted: Dec 11th, 2015 - 8:48 pm In Reply to: I will ask again - Unbelievable

I'm in the driver's seat here. It is my life, and if I feel like it, I will do some transcribing, but I sure as heck won't do it for less than my bottom line, which I assure is quite uncompetitive, as I am often told. And if I don't want to take on an account, I won't, even if I was offered double the money.

I fully understand where you are coming from, and I may one of these days, follow suit. I'm just as sick of the nonsense and exploitation as you are. The difference here is, I refuse to be exploited any more, and I don't put up with nonsense.

Let me ask you this, though, is there a figure that might make you reconsider doing a little transcribing/editing in your retirement? I'm not talking pin money here. They can take their pin money and stuff it where the sun doesn't shine.

What amount of money would tempt you, once in a blue moon, to work a 40-hour week to cover for someone on vacation? (I set my own hours of course.)

Does this make sense to you?

If there is, then you understand why I still do a bit of transcribing/editing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)