Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Not for me! - Retired MT

Posted: Dec 10th, 2015 - 10:35 pm In Reply to: I think the need for medical transcription (editing) will be here for a long time - HOWEVER -

I'm not going to do this for a little extra pin money, no siree!

The nice thing about being retired is that I can tell a prospective client I'm not doing this for burger-flipping wages, I only want to spend a few hours a day on this, I take vacations and holidays, I won't work if I am sick and I won't be held to a tight TAT, and STATS are going to cost big time.

So, if a client wants me to do his/her editing/transcribing, he/she is darn well going to make it worth my while!

There are lots of other things I would rather do, and if I am only going to be paid pin money, I'm going to do something I enjoy. I0 sure as heck after 45 long miserable years not enjoy this!

As a matter of fact, I am willing to do a little transcribing/editing, but when I do so, I do it on my terms. I tell the client they are free to go elsewhere if they like, I'm retired, I don't have to do this, I don't like doing this, and if they want me to do it, it has to be worth it to me.

I know you won't believe me, considering how difficult things are for you, but I do turn work away, from clients who are willing to pay the price that I quote, because I think I would have to spend too much time on it, or they might decide to start giving me a hard time. And I am so done with that!

The industry is going to be in big big trouble in a few years, when all you over-worked, under-paid, badgered and pressured MTs retire, and can do just as you like.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)