Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Hugs to you - Backwoods Typist

Posted: Dec 10th, 2015 - 11:53 am In Reply to: Mirrored statement - mom22

How I wish I could hug you in person, but I will send lots of virtual hugs instead. Like you, life has kicked me, but we learned to get up, dust off and keep going. Hard to move on when you cant move on (just yet) from the one thing that seems to be your kryptonite. I look every day for other jobs, but my problem a lot of times is the fact that I am stuck with satellite internet, and most other jobs at home want DSL or cable. Not sure where you live, but a good site to check out is ratracerebellion.com. They have a FB page as well and feature WAH jobs.

Another problem I have is distance, so any job offers I get have to pay enough to make it worth driving there and back for, and with wages the way they are, so far I have been better off to stay at home.

Also like you, I feel like my family should get my best, but they arent and I very much dislike that. When I worked in-house for the local hospital system, I was able to spend time with family on holidays, got paid enough to make the drive worth it, and I actually went above and beyond. That is not so now. I am lucky if I have the motivation to just carry on with life. And I definitely do not do any OT. I could care less if they go out of TAT. Maybe if it happens enough, they will lose account after account and Goliath will come tumbling down.

When we found out about the takeover, my hubby was less than pleased, and that did not make anything any easier for me. I know I have been depressed, but I have tried to muddle through despite everything. I do not think my hubby has any idea how hard everything has been on me, and I think somehow I have PTSD because of what has happened and because of all the changes. When it came time to come home, on my last day with the hospital, did not even get to finish my shift. There was no work, not to mention was locked out of email as of 12:30 p.m. when I was expected to be there for 8 hours. Tossed out, like common trash. In a way though it was a blessing. I got to spend the last 2 years of my son's life (golden retriever) with him every day, and my iguana daughter's health has been better. I would have probably lost my job with the hospital anyways because of the winter weather of 2013/2014. There were more times that I would not have been able to be there than I could have been there because of road conditions.

When the day comes that Karma catches up, I would love to sit with you, eat popcorn, drink a beverage of choice and LAUGH as we watch them go down.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)