Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Coding / Medical Billing

I agree that - sm

Posted: Nov 28th, 2015 - 12:54 pm In Reply to: That is your course, not coding. - sm

different people learn in different ways. My program was structured by subject with actual coding after you have learned what you needed to know to code correctly but I can see how some people would benefit from a different approach.

However it seems like frustrated newbie may be having issues with the coding part which is probably due to the book. Just about every school now uses Nelly Chison's Coding Handbook for ICD 10 so of course schools follow the chapter by chapter format and at times it doesn't seem to make sense. The book is supposed to be organized according to difficulty of subject matter/coding but it might have been better to just go through coding according to Guideline sequence and spend more time explaining the answers and various procedures.

Still if newbie is at the end of her CS program, it doesn't make sense to switch to another program at this point. As I stated above, she should make effective and extensive use of the support the school offers . . . but that goes for everyone. Sometimes it feels uncomfortable to "bother" teachers with your questions but that's why they're there. Take full advantage of them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)