Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Coding / Medical Billing

Thanks - sm

Posted: Nov 28th, 2015 - 12:30 pm In Reply to: Thanks :) I think you are right and I am just in a temporary rut. - frustrated newbie

Finally able to post this - ignore if you got message.

A friend of mine is also in Career Step in the Fast Track ICD-10 course [she already has her certification but wanted more education than her employer offered]. She chats and emails her instructors all the time - sometimes while she is going through her lesson. You should definitely take as much advantage of their resources as possible - after all you are paying for them.

You're right that not all learning styles are appropriate for everyone. I went through a community college where part of the program was online but you still went on campus or had "virtual class" each week so there was still person to person interactive teaching going on.

As far as sequencing goes, knowing the principal or first listed diagnosis or procedure is the most important. Secondary codes can generally be in any order if there isn't a guideline to the contrary. Our instructor also said the secondary code sequence could also be dictated by facility rules once we are hired coders so I wouldn't get too frustrated with the ordering yet - just make sure you have the same codes. I think everyone hates external cause codes, lol. Not every place uses them or they may only report one or two codes. Still need to know them - just in case. But again, don't let them frustrate you.

I think Career Step has its own student forum. I'm sure they'd be a lot more supportive than some people around here, lol.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)