Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Coding / Medical Billing

frustrated newbie - I had a different

Posted: Nov 27th, 2015 - 6:02 pm In Reply to: serious issue with coding training - frustrated newbie

experience with my coding training program. I did most of my training online and it was fun and fascinating learning something new. Each section was just the right length - not too short so you didn't learn all you should know and not too long that it felt dreary and boring. But then it was self-paced so that may have made a difference as well.

If you are also doing self paced learning, maybe you should take a brief break or study in small chunks until you are able to resume your usual training method. The time of day you are studying may affect how you feel as well. If you can't change the time or manner of learning then focus more on accomplishing small goals - such as finishing each chapter subsection or completing an exercise. IOW, don't concentrate on the totality of the course/section or on how much you have left to learn.

As to whether a coding job would make you feel the same way, I would wait until you actually start coding (provided you haven't reached that point yet). When I started doing actual coding, to me it felt like playing a game. Other students I talked to also felt that coding was fun albeit challenging. However, if coding records still feels boring to you, it may be a sign that you're not cut out for this type of job.

Good luck and I hope things get better. You may just be in a temporary rut so don't give up or get discouraged.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)