Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Coding.. (Views: 47)

Linda - Nick

Posted: Nov 24th, 2015 - 9:10 am In Reply to: Nick, Regarding Dobes - Linda

Thank you for the compliment. Actually, I love Dobies! The reason I put that aside in is that I was on a walk the other day and saw a Dobie and wanted to pet it (stupid, I know, to pet a strange dog, but I do) and it growled. Due to its size--and huge teeth, I was a bit intimidated. But they are truly beautiful, sleek, and intelligent dogs. An MT I know has one and it sits on the couch with her to watch TV. As to pit bulls, I have always loved them. I was offered one by a woman who works for a rescue service, and I told her that if I had a house rather than a small apartment, I would take it in a minute. But I do believe the pit (or any other large dog) deserves to have a yard and someplace to run. But I am a dog person and, given the right circumstances, would even have a Doberman if I had enough room to do it justice. Just an aside that might amuse you: A woman spoke to me about an attack case. Believe it or not, her neighbor's Dobie came into her yard and started sniffing around the feral cat she had adopted and tamed. The cat was sitting on the porch. When the cat saw the Dobie, the cat jumped on the Dobie, put her claws in and bit and clawed the poor Dobie to the point that it had to go to the vet to have its wounds closed! The owners of the Dobie wanted the cat owner to pay for the vet bill, but the cat owner maintained that the Dobie had (in the words of the law) committed a trespass on her property and the cat was only defending itself. The cat owner did not have to pay, but the visuals were pretty amazing--a 7 pound cat against a Doberman. The cat's owner said that from then on whenever the Dobie went out for a walk, it crossed the street before it came near her yard. I actually felt sorry for the poor dog. He got better, but I have a feeling Dobermans are not used to getting the short end of the stick in a fight!:) Anyway, I do think they are great dogs. (I just like to tease Old Pro, who has not only Dobies but Rotties, too!)

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)